DIGITAL TRAFFIC MANAGER
Supervisor: Associate Media Director
Purpose: Responsible for all aspects managing digital and broadcast traffic.
The Digital Traffic Manager will be responsible for executing digital advertising campaigns, working directly with digital planning and buying teams and clients to execute campaigns. This role will collaborate with various teams to effectively manage the delivery of campaigns across a network of well-established websites for world recognized brands. In addition, the Digital Traffic Manager will serve as a technical and project management lead for the department, aiding in decision-making regarding systems, process improvements, and training.
Working across multiple teams within the media group, daily responsibilities will include:
• Manages traffic deadlines, creates traffic instructions, and ensures delivery of materials and scheduling to digital media outlets.
• Oversees work being handled by outside traffic services and material duplication vendors.
• Communicates daily with digital and broadcast media outlets that require traffic instructions and materials for their changing program schedules and media buys.
• Communicates with media planners and buyers regarding new and changing broadcast media schedules and digital plan changes.
• Researches and solves scheduling problems with Account Management, stations, and networks when problems arise.
• Coordinates asset delivery with planners (internal) and project managers (external).
• Generates traffic estimates and manages dub and shipping budgets for all clients.
• Works will MOS on proper billing of all traffic expenses.
• Manages and disseminates approval of media assets with clients and vendors.
• Updates station contacts database with contacts, deadlines, and material and format requirements.
• Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of actual traffic instructions to talent paymaster in order to generate accurate residual invoices.
• Keeps record of all media schedules for all clients.
• Manages process of clearance for TV and digital assets
• Owns any other duties/responsibilities assigned by supervisor.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to converse with site managers and developers as well as account executives and clients/agencies to address client and sales needs in an expedient and courteous manner.
• Must be extremely detail oriented, adept at multi-tasking, and a self-starter. Individual must also remain calm during stressful situations while managing urgent deadlines, organizing and multi tasking a variety of details in ever changing situations and have a diplomatic and problem-solving attitude.
• Must be proficient with DoubleClick for Advertisers/DoubleClick Campaign Manager MediaOcean, FTP uploading, MS Word, Excel, FileMaker or similar databases.