Are you a student of pop culture? Does your right brain continually jostle your left brain for head space? Do you think modern media should be a strong combination of art and science and a conduit for putting ideas in to the world? And do you LOVE the world of digital?
If so, then come prepared to draw from a deep well of consumer insight to outthink the competition, build things that aren’t for sale, push the boundaries of consumer connection, and create creative and business success for an array of big brands. And, most importantly, have a good time doing it.
The Group Media Director, Digital (GMD) leads a media team in the development and execution of media plans for a diverse portfolio of clients. A GMD at Fallon must be an intuitive, independent thinker and unflinching team mentor. The position places equal emphasis on creative solutions to media challenges and planning/executional rigor as it does on senior leadership within the full-service agency. We prioritize diverse, unique experience, and, above all, creativity.
This particular role will help shape and lead the digital media expertise across both the department and broader agency. She/he should have a fluency across the digital landscape, including upper- and lower-funnel mediums, as well as social. This individual should be able to bring expertise in reporting, measurement, and have a strong grasp of how to leverage analytics as part of a media recommendation.
This position requires 10+ years’ experience working in digital media, many in a managerial role.
• Leads a cross-client digital team that develops and executes creative media solutions
• Sets strategic communications agenda for teams and clients
• Collaborates with internal agency teams
• Owns agency relationship with senior clients and outside vendors to foster development and execution of media plans
• Participates in agency-wide strategic initiatives and new business pitches
• Regularly keeps department and agency up-to-date on industry and cultural trends
• Manages, trains, and mentors junior team members
• Expertise across the digital landscape, including media-related tools and platforms (Comscore, Google/DCM, Adobe, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Keynote