The Business Affairs
Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and cost control for all types
of production including broadcast, web/non-broadcast content, radio, and print.
- Works with each producer to provide accurate production estimates
- Review concepts for permissions and clearances required
- Prepare production and editorial specifications
- Attend all meetings and bid sessions pertaining to production
- Review all bids from production, editorial, and music companies
- Works with producer in all dealings with cost consultants (on accounts where applicable)
- Negotiate talent contracts, music licensing and stock footage when needed
- Responsible for drafting of purchase orders, production contracts, releases, affidavits, music rights agreements and other production/vendor documents in concert with agency legal counsel.
- Review and approve all vendor invoices
- Review and generate overages incurred in production
- Prepares final cast reports
- Oversees all production billing duties, reviews all charges for accuracy, transfers/resolves any inaccurate charges, then to finance for billing.
- Researches and resolves billing-related questions from staff, clients, vendors or performers.
- 3-5 years as an agency or in-house Business Manager
- Knowledge of SAG-AFTRA and AFM contracts. Must also be able to understand sometimes vague and conflicting union rules and descriptions and apply them to real situations.
- Excellent people skills, strong verbal and written skills are critical.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to keep projects on time and on budget, works well under pressure
- Individual attributes such as curiosity, resourcefulness, passion, initiative, creativity
- Team-player attributes such as competency, accountability and collaboration